points - Details)
Tasty, healthy meals ahead―cooking up new skills for teens
Whether your goal is to learn a few fast and easy recipes, start eating healthier, or to create your own YouTube cooking channel one day, The Healthy Cookbook for Teens is the perfect place to start.
If you’ve never attempted to make a full meal by yourself (and no, frozen pizza does not count), this cookbook for teens will get you into the kitchen right away with basic techniques that will have you feeling like a master chef in no time. The Healthy Cookbook for Teens is filled with 100 fast, fresh recipes for beginners that were designed to boost your health, fitness, and energy, and teach you a universal skill with rewards that pay off over a lifetime.
The Healthy Cookbook for Teens includes:
- Easy A―All recipes are taught with beginner simplicity in mind.
- A cookbook for teens on a budget―Nothing but affordable, common ingredients available everywhere.
- All you can eat, and fast―Chapters are packed with 100 breakfasts, snacks, meals for one, family dinners, and more, most under 45 minutes to make.
Loaded with deliciously fun recipes that range from Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese to Honey Sriracha Popcorn, this is the ultimate beginner cookbook for teens.
From the Publisher
Grilled Shrimp and Melon Skewers
Couldn’t be easier!
A quick honey-lime grilling sauce makes these sweet and fresh shrimp and melon skewers perfect for a summertime barbecue. You’ll need to soak 8 bamboo or wooden skewers in water for at least 1 hour before grilling
1. Cut each half of the cantaloupe and honeydew in half, then cut off the skin from each quarter. Cut the melon into cubes.
2, Build the skewers by alternating shrimp, cantaloupe, and honeydew.
3. In a small bowl, stir together the honey, lime juice, and soy sauce.
4. Coat a grill, grill pan, or skillet with cooking spray and preheat it to medium heat.
5. Grill the skewers on all sides, basting with the sauce, for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the melon is slightly caramelized and shrimp are pink and opaque.
6. Sprinkle with the walnuts and serve
A look inside:
Start making tasty meals right away. Look how easy!
From family dinners to a whole chapter dedicated to ‘main course dinners, breakfast to desserts, 100 recipes for every meal of the day.
1 medium cantaloupe, halved and seeded
1 medium honeydew melon, halved and seeded
1 pound peeled and deveined jumbo shrimp
¼ cup honey
Juice of 2 limes
2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce Nonstick cooking spray
½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped