points - Details)
Summer Fit Activities workbooks are an engaging and effective, fully illustrated series of activity books designed to give kids fit brains and fit bodies. Research shows that children can forget 2.5 months or up to 60% of their academic skills during the summer, while other studies have shown that daily fitness and play improve a child’s learning abilities and memory. Summer Fit Activities workbooks were designed with these findings in mind, incorporating a Whole-Child approach to learning in three areas: Academics, Fitness (including health, exercise, and nutrition), and Character Education.
As both a Tillywig Toys’ Brain Child Award winner and a Creative Child Awards Product of the Year, these fully illustrated and engaging activity books include grade appropriate exercises and skills lessons in reading, writing, math, language arts, science, and geography, In addition, these workbooks place a planet-friendly emphasis on the development of a child’s health and well-being, as well as core values like kindness, respect, and compassion. Each Summer Fit Activities book contains:
- An introductory Parents section with tips on engagement and Incentive Calendars
- Daily grade appropriate academic activities based on national standards
- Daily fitness programs with exercise logs and free videos demonstrating proper techniques
- A Healthy Eating and Nutrition section
- Outdoor Summer Explorer and Summer Reading lists
- Reviews and Previews for each grade Level
- Weekly Core Values reinforce positive social skills and behavior
- Perforated heavy card stock flash cards
- Perforated certificates of completion
- Free online resources and corresponding exercise videos on the Summer Fit website
The Summer Fit Activities series was developed by a team of experts with decades of experience in education, nutrition, and fitness, and is the perfect connection between the end of one grade’s learning and the beginning of the next. For parents, caregivers, homeschoolers, and teachers, this curriculum will help kids start at the head of the class in the new school year. Summer Fit Activities, teacher created, parent approved.